Friday, June 21, 2013

NOTD & Review: Rainbow Honey Pinkie Promise

Recently, I have been introduced to a new nail polish brand called Rainbow Honey. I received a full size polish in the colour Pinkie Promise in my May Wantable Box. Seeing as I had never heard of this brand before I wanted to research a bit about them, and here is what I found.
 
"Rainbow Honey was born out of a love for colour and a penchant for creativity. To create Rainbow Honey, Dee, its founder and Chief Designer, brought together her background in the sciences and her experience in the fashion industry, resulting in unique, colourful and well-formulated custom blended nail lacquers.
 
Our products are designed and made in the United States of America, always free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (the “big 3”), and with ingredients that have never been tested on animals.
 
Our love for colour drives our passion for great and beautiful products, outstanding design, extreme attention to detail, and superb customer service. These values are at the core of everything we do.
 
The Rainbow Honey brand has already received rave reviews from customers all over the U.S. as well as Canada, Australia, Singapore, U.K., France, and continues to reach new audiences every day."
 
Pinkie Promise is part of the Equestria Collection, and comes in both a 15mL and 7mL bottle. The bottles retail for $10 and $5 respectively, and based on the quality of this polish I firmly believe that they are worth every penny. Pinkie Promise  is described as a "fun and shimmery pink base filled with hex and tinsel glitter in magenta, light blue, and gold - this polish calls for a party!"
It took only two coats for this polish to be completely opaque, and it lasted about four days before I had some tip wear and minor chipping. This polish was also true to its description, it really was like a party on my nails. Like I said in my review of my Wantable Box, it is like a unicorn puked all over my nails...or Ke$ha, we all know she loves her glitter.
 
The only negative I had with this polish was that the bottle got goopy really quick while I was painting my nails. The polish dries fairly quickly, and all of the glitter clogs up the opening of the bottle. I had to clean it before I closed it, or the polish would have dried and sealed the bottle. Other than that though I was extremely happy with this polish, and would not hesitate to purchase more in the future.
 
If you are interested in trying out Rainbow Honey polishes they are launching a new collection soon and have a good promo going on right now. All US & Canadian customers will receive a FREE polish and FREE shipping on all orders over $50.

 
 
Disclaimer: Products were purchased by me for personal use. I was not required to review this product, nor am I being compensated for it. All opinions and thoughts are completely honest and my own. Information in italics is sited straight from Rainbow Honey's website and I take no credit for it.


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!