Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hauling for Charity

Hey ladies! I know I just posted a haul not too long ago, but this was an unexpected haul I just had to share. When I went to Shoppers a few nights ago to pick up a few essential items I walked through the Beauty Boutique to see if they had any good GWPs. To my surprise a saw a table of Mystery Grab bags for $5 each.

I ended up paying at the boutique counter and asked the sales woman about them. She said that all of the proceeds of each bag went to the Dragon Boat Races which, in my city, goes towards Breast Cancer research. I decided to get two to support the cause, and try my luck at what I would get. When I handed them to the sales woman she exclaimed that I had picked the one with the full size perfume. I got so excited of course, and found out that the contents of the bags were from brands in the boutique not the drugstore section...so of course, I had to buy all of the other bags on the table.

I ended up buying six bags, and paid $30, no tax. I kind of felt guilty for spending more on beauty products this month. But when I really think about it, I gave $30 to a worthy charity and cause, and I just happened to get some samples in return. I would give money freely to this type of charity so getting these products was just a bonus.

I am so happy I decided to pick up all 6 bags, as I received a plethora of different brands and products to try out. I am not sure if all Shoppers do this sort of thing, as this was the first time I have seen something like it, but I would definitely check out your stores.

Total Spent: $30

Total Value of all 6 bags: $317.80

 

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I like the versatality of bags 2 and 5 the best :p No wonder they never have any! because you are clearing them out (haha kidding :p) but I wish I could find these at any of the shoppers in my area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bags 2 and 5 are my favourite as well. I thought at first the Lancome lipstick would look terrible, but it actually looks really nice. It is more of a vampy colour so I am going to save it for the Fall.

      Delete
  2. wow - you didn't tell me about this - I hope you are going to share!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share dont worry! I got duplicates of some things and I got a lot of anti aging stuff you can have as well! But I might want you to tell me your thoughts on the stuff so I can do a review :P lol

      Delete
  3. That is so cool! What a deal! I think I'm going to try to get to IMATS in Toronto in November and I am definitely going to Shoppers, just because you Canadian glas always find the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shoppers can have some pretty good stuff! It is best for us Canadian girls to shop on their 20x the points days. You rack up major points and then can use them later for money off of your purchase!

      Delete
  4. That's soo amazing! Gotta love SDM !

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany it was at the Shoppers on Dougall, near the Lifestyles Gym. They are having a Gala on Thursday this week. Tickets are $5!

      Delete
  5. that's CRAZY value!! they need these bags at my local shoppers! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was astonished by the value! I was hoping for more makep up or some Benefit products, but I am happy with what I received!

      Delete
  6. Hey there! I'm stopping by from the blog hop and just wanted to let you know I'm now following you via Bloglovin'! I hope you'll get a chance to check me out also! Have a wonderful Thursday :o)


    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    - croppedstories@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!