Wow it's been a long time since I've been here. Almost 15 months since my last post went live. I wonder if anyone is still coming around here; hopefully some new content will liven this place up. I never planned to be gone for so long; but. I guess life just got in the way, and time just flew by. That's why I decided to dedicate my first post back as an update to what's been going on with me, and where My Beauty Full Adventure will be going from here.
I guess the story starts in July 2014, my boyfriend and I started house hunting. Months were spent going to daily house showings, and countless weekends were spent going to open houses. Finally, after much stress, loosing a bidding war on a cute little 3-level side-split, and numerous sleepless nights, we found our "dream" home.
We had a 30 day closing, so we rushed to get everything we needed to start our new life together. No one really tells you what to expect when you move out on your own, how stressful living with someone can be at the beginning, how stressful home ownership can be in general, how the sounds of a new house will keep you up a night, and that a house doesn't clean itself. I could write a whole post about this...hmmm...maybe I will. But really, there should be a college course that everyone should take that will go over all this stuff. I've honestly never used advanced algebra in my adult life; I think learning how to get a mortgage would have served me much better.
November 2014 I decided to take a blogging hiatus until I got settled into house life, and it's taken me 15 months to get to a point where I *think* I've got a grasp on this. Does one ever really have a full grasp on anything? I still learn something new everyday. Everything that came with owning a house, combined with ongoing health issues really made for no time to dedicate to blogging. And honestly, I just didn't feel like being here for awhile. That sounds bad, but I wasn't feeling it, so I wasn't doing it.
There have been times within the last 15 months that I thought about coming back; however, I wasn't sure what I wanted to come back too. My life and priorities have taken a lot of twists and turns, and makeup and beauty is not all that I am. I have found quite a few new loves, and I wanted to somehow coordinate all of that into this space.
Thus, the reason My Beauty Full Adventure got a face lift. This space will no longer be just a Beauty Blog; but a blog about finding the beauty in all aspects and adventures of my life. I guess now this space is a Lifestyle Blog; it is me, all of me, what I like, love, loathe, etc.
So, new content will be flowing, but I am not making a posting schedule, or setting goals. Posts will come with inspiration or when projects are being done around the house. I don't want this to feel like a job. Part of the reason a hiatus was much needed was because this was no longer fun to me. Deadlines, and schedules made it feel like work and it discouraged me.
Here are some examples of the new content you can expect to see:
- Beauty/Makeup Reviews - I know this isn't new, but what I am posting about is going to change. My routine consists of tried and true products now, not just the newest things on the market.
- DIYs - why buy something when you can make it yourself! I've DIYed everything from artwork to furniture, and I cant wait to share those projects with you.
- Book Reviews/Recommendations - I've always loved reading and I want to share that love with you! First recommendation: November 9 by Colleen Hoover - click the link, buy the book, and spend a day reading non-stop. You wont be disappointed, or be able put this book down.
- Home Reno/Decor - Follow along as we slowly (and I mean slowly) update our 60 year old house by ourselves (with my Dad's help...I mean who am I kidding, we aren't handy).
- Recipes/Meal Plans - A big stress reliever for me is planning our meals ahead of time, and trying out new recipes in the kitchen. I'm going to share the good and maybe not so good with you.
- Planning/Organization - I live for my planner; really stationary of any kind.
- Other - Not really sure what this category will contain, but I felt like 7 was a lucky number of categories.
I hope you're as excited as I am about the changes and new content. I cant wait to get started!