Sunday, June 01, 2014

Review: Balea Deep Cleansing Face Mask



Review Balea Deep Cleansing Face Mask
What started out as a 5 week challenge has morphed into a continuous feature here on My Beauty Full Adventure. I enjoyed reviewing Montagne Jeunesse’s face masks so much that I am going to continue to try and review face masks on here every week. This week I tried the Balea Deep Cleansing Face Mask. Keep reading to see how this mask worked for me.
Review Balea Deep Cleansing Face Mask

Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested. Natural sea minerals help to remove deep down impurities, excess oils, and restore vitality. Seaweed helps nourish your skin to leave it looking incredibly clean and silky soft. Use weekly to help maintain a flawless complexion.
 
The reason I chose this mask was because while in Florida my skin rebelled and I got the worst acne breakout I have probably ever had. My skin freaked out from the Sun, sunscreen, change in products, and I needed a mask that was really going to get in there and clean out all the impurities.

This mask was green in colour and had quite a thick consistency. I used a brush to apply and it went on smoothly. There is enough product in one of these packages for 2+ masks, so after applying I put the package into a zip lock bag and stored it in the fridge so it wouldn’t dry out.

When I first applied this mask it felt cool, but I quickly felt it start to heat up. It didn’t burn or overly hurt my skin, but it also wasn’t a comfortable warming sensation. After about 10-12 minutes I decided to remove it because I just couldn’t stand that warming sensation anymore. At this time the mask wasn’t 100% dry, but the areas that were felt hard and restricted movement.

Removal was easy with some lukewarm water and a washcloth. My skin felt very clean and smooth after, but I noticed that as my skin dried it felt tight. I toned and moisturized as normal, and my skin looked great. I feel like this mask really helped bring the impurities to the surface which made extraction easy and less painful.
Comfort 2/5
Aroma 4/5
Results 4/5
Ease of Use 5/5
Total Score = 15/20

You can purchase this mask at Shoppers Drug Mart. This mask retails for $1.99 or 3 for $5.00.

4 comments:

  1. the good thing about doing these posts is that it forces you to use up your stash of masks lol. if we didn't have that deadline for the MJ ones they still would probably be sitting around in my drawers
    and
    like the MJ masks, i see the balea ones and often pass on them. they're just so ever present, my eyes almost gloss over them when im in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, I am sort of addicted to face masks now lol This one is probably not for me as I have super sensitive skin but glad it worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MJ masks totally made me want to buy more too, I need to check these Balea ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That MJ challenge got me hooked on face masks too!
    This one sounds ok, but I know that Sarah has been having lots of issues with Balea masks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!