Saturday, June 08, 2013

NOTD: My 1st Jelly Sandwich Manicure

I'm not sure if jelly sandwich manicures are still "in", but I'm used to being the last girl at the trend party, so here is my attempt at it. To complete this manicure you need a jelly polish that is sheer, even after a few coats, for the bread. And a glitter polish for the filling. I chose to use Zoya's Loretta and a unnamed Cynthia Rowley polish that I used in a past nail of the day. If you would like to see that firework inspired manicure click here!

I started with a base coat, let that dry, and then put down one coat of Loretta. After I let that dry for a few minutes, I put a fair amount of glitter down on each nail. Again, once that dried I put two more coats of Loretta on top. Loretta is a extremely sheer, light, milky pink. It would be perfect for a French manicure, and it worked fairly well for this manicure. I could still see the white tips of my nails underneath, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. With a top coat I had no chipping for about 4-5 days, and by that time I was bored with the look and moved on to a new colour.

What do you think of the jelly sandwich look?

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!