Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 2014 Ipsy "Fresh Picks" Glam Bag Review

May's Glam Bag is all about "crisp air, vibrant flowers, and fresh Glam Bag products! Getting our beauty to bloom all month long will be easy as lying in the warm grass and basking in the sunshine."
This month there were 26 possible products, and each subscriber received a combination of 5. I ended up receiving 4 full size products and 1 deluxe sample in my bag. Although the products I got were great sizes, and all things I will need in the upcoming Summer months; I can't say I am overly excited about this bag. I prefer to get more makeup in my Ipsy bags, and this month it was a lot of non-makeup items.

If you are interested in signing up for your own Ipsy bag click here. Ipsy costs $10USD or $14.95CDN per month.


Olive Natural Beauty - The Olive Lip Balm in Refreshing Rosemary

Sample Value: $5.95

The Olive Lip Balm is packed with Olive Natural Beauty's organic jojoba and extra virgin olive oil for light enduring moisture with no added synthetics or chemicals so your lips are always ready for that spontaneous kiss. We use animal cruelty-free beeswax that is cultivated at a higher altitude to produce the most pure and unprocessed wax, protecting your lips from the elements while allowing them to breathe and stay plump.

I love a good lip balm, and this one feels moisturizing; I just cant stand the scent of it. The rosemary is overpowering to the point where I don't want to wear it, but also my boyfriend wont be giving me any spontaneous kisses while I am.

Avene Thermal Spring Water

Sample Value: $2.99

Known for its long history in treating atopic dermatitis, the Avene Thermal Spring Water is the only thermal spring water bottled directly from the source and packaged in a sterile environment to guarantee purity and maximum skin benefits. Its unique composition is proven to soothe inflammation, itching, redness, general sensitivity, and post-medical and aesthetic procedure irritation, as it softens, protects and purifies the skin. 

I've used a water like this before, and think it is great for in the summer. A small bottle like this one is perfect for my purse or beach bag, and the product will be great for refreshing my skin, and keeping it hydrated during the hot summer months.

Hang Ten Classic Sport Sunscreen in SPF50

Sample Value: $2.17

Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays.

I've never tried a natural sunscreen before, so it will be nice to see how it stacks up against the normal ones I purchase. The tube is kind of small so I will probably only get one full body application out of it.

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask

Sample Value: $12.00

The Therapy Session Hair Mask deeply conditions, repairs, and strengthens dry and damaged hair. Argan Oil nourishes ans revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair's strength and elasticity. The results are hydrated, soft, and manageable hair.

I'm not normally one for hair masks, because I'm lazy, but my hair is extremely damaged right now so I am willing to try anything. This product can be used either as a weekly treatment or as a daily conditioner. I am probably going to do the latter. I don't love the smell of this mask so hopefully, it doesn't linger.

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo in Celestial/Opal

Sample Value: $3.50 approx.

The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eyeshadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recycleable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for Ipsy!

I have loved everything I've tried from Pacifica, so I was excited to try out this eyeshadow duo. However, upon swatching, I am quite disappointed in the quality. The colours feel buttery but apply chalky, and the pigmentation is lacking.


1 comment:

  1. hm too bad about the mineral shadow. did you try it wet though?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!