Saturday, February 08, 2014

First Impressions - The L'Oreal Canada Mystery VoxBox

About two weeks ago I received an email, informing me that I was selected to possibly be part of the next Canadian Voxbox, from Influenster. Influenster is a word of mouth marketing website that sends out free products, to its most influential members, in exchange for reviews shared over all aspects of social media. The more you share the higher your meter climbs. The higher your meter the more likely you are to get the next Voxbox &/or extra goodies to try.

I completed the hair care survey, but was told that unfortunately I had not qualified for this Voxbox. Just a few days ago, however, I received a red Influenster box in the mail. Inside were three unmarked L'Oreal products: a shampoo, conditioner, and split-end serum.
The card states that this is a two part Voxbox. First, we are to try the mystery products for one week, and complete a series of social media tasks trying to guess what the #MysteryBrand could be. Then in a weeks time we will receive the next box which will include the full size products, and the brand will be revealed.

After smelling the samples (for 10 minutes) I took to Google and searched key words/ingredients from the info card. My guess by smell alone was Garnier and Google confirmed that I had guessed correctly. I am 99% sure based on wording and ingredients that these are in fact products from the Garnier Damage Eraser line.

The line seems intriguing but I was a little skeptical, as I have yet to find a Garnier hair product I actually like. These samples blew my expectations out of the water! Not only do they smell great, and that scent lingers in my hair, but they leave my hair feeling smooth, and feeling silky. All without weighing it down. I have noticed a visible difference in the texture and amount of frizziness in my hair with only a couple uses.

I can't wait for the full size products to get here so that I can test out long time use. If is continues to impress me like it has, I will be buying this over and over again, whether it is Garnier or not.

Were you chosen for this #MysteryBrand Voxbox? If so, what are your thoughts on the products, and guesses as to what the brand is?

 

3 comments:

  1. I got this one too. I was thinking it was Redken but you're probably right about Garnier. It smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few different guess, redken, loreal professional, etc. but based on the wording of the card and the wording on garniers website, I think it's garnier. It just smells so good and normally garnier products all smell the same and not this good.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many people saying how amazing these smell! Can't wait to find out what it is :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!