Friday, October 25, 2013

Dupe Alert: Deborah Lippman Ruby Red Slippers

A few days ago Jen from From Head to Toe did a blog post about Deborah Lippman's Ruby Red Slippers ($19), and the polish looked oddly familiar to me. I am a huge fan of black polishes with any sort of coloured glitter throughout, so I knew I had a polish like this somewhere in my collection. I ended up finding the polish in question, and I have to say that it is quite the close dupe.
Dupe Alert: Deborah Lippman Ruby Red Slippers vs Wet n Wild Once Upon A Time
And what is this dupe you might ask? Well it is Once Upon A Time from the 2012 Fantasy Makers Collection by Wet n Wild. Once Upon A Time ($1.99) has the same semi-sheer black jelly base, with multi-sized red glitter as Ruby Red Slippers. In Jen's post she stated that she used 4 layers of polish to create an opaque nail, I was at four coats and was finding my polish not opaque enough. So I started over, first putting down a layer of Essence Back to Black ($1.99), and then two coats of the Fantasy Makers.
Dupe Alert: Deborah Lippman Ruby Red Slippers vs Wet n Wild Once Upon A Time
The Fantasy Makers polish dries somewhat matte, so I added a top coat for extra shine. With a topcoat you can really see the dimension to the glitter better. My nails look like they are covered in rubies. They are very eye-catching and I have received quite a few compliments on them. I am totally in love with the look, and I'm glad I get to enjoy it at the fraction of the cost of the DL.

Once Upon A Time is not available in this years Halloween Fantasy Makers Collection. So if you cannot get your hands on this polish, I researched a few other DL dupes:
  • China Glaze Lubu Heels
  • NYX Dark Glitter
  • Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors
  • NYX Dorothy

5 comments:

  1. I actually like this one better than the Deborah Lippman one! Thanks for the dupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading about dupes so I thought I would start sharing the ones I find. It's great to get a high end look for cheap.

      Delete
  2. wow this is beautiful... great dupe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty! I'll have to check out some of the dupes you listed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!