Sunday, March 04, 2012

February Empties

I came to the realization that I am never going to be able to complete a no-buy Project 10 Pan. I like shopping too much and keep buying. I do want to try and use stuff up though, so I am no longer doing a Project 10 Pan, but I am going to keep doing a monthly empties blog post. I think that if I stay dedicated to doing these posts it will help encourage me to use up more products, so I have more to talk about.

Below are the products I complete used up in February.


CoverGirl Clean Makeup Pressed Powder
Repurchase: Yes
My Thoughts: I really liked this powder. It claimed to be oil free and to control oil and it did just that. The formulation was really smooth and it never made me look cakey, which I find most powders do. I have had this powder for so long and it has taken me months to finally use it up, but I am glad that I did. I would repurchase this powder, but I think I am going to try some other drugstore powders before making this my Holy Grail powder.
Replacement Product: NYC Translucent Loose Setting Powder

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Shampoo
Repurchase: Maybe
My Thoughts: I got this shampoo in a set at Christmas for a steal. It was only $4.50 for 2 bottles of shampoo and 1 bottle of conditioner. I liked the concept that to helps boost your natural brunette color. After using this whole bottle of shampoo I can say that I don't really see a difference in my hair. It doesn't look enhanced or any more luscious. I also found that this shampoo made my hair seem more greasy than normal.
Replacement Product: Sunsilk Hydra TLC Shampoo

Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar PocketBac
Repurchase: Yes
My Thoughts: Warm Vanilla Sugar is my favourite scent from Bath & Body Works, so this product was super easy to use up. There really isn't much to say about this product, it's an antibacterial hand gel which I like to use at work when I am going from the shop into the office to make sure my hands are clean.
Replacement Product: Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena PocketBac

Alberto Miracle Mist
Repurchase: No
My Thoughts: I like this product as a heat defence spray but I don't like how it makes my hair feel throughout the day. It feels like I have a film on my hair and it makes my hair look greasy. With all of the other heat protectants on the market I am sure I can find something better.
Replacement Product: Nothing at the moment.

Bath & Body Works Antibacterial Wipes
Repurchase: No
My Thoughts: I bought these anti-bac wipes forever ago and never used them as I had originally planned. On the go I find it easier to use a PocketBac instead of these. In order to use these up I started using them before I apply my makeup to cleanse my hands.
Replacement Product: Bath & Body Works Antibacterial Wipes



Fusion Beauty Lash Fusion XL Mascara
Repurchase: Yes
My Thoughts: This is my favourite mascara ever! I got it super cheap at Winners, but it is the only higher end mascara I have used. It made my already long eyelashes look even more full and luscious. If you make the picture of the wand bigger it will seem like there is still alot of product left, but it has gotten to the point where the formula is waxey. It just makes a mess of my lashes and it is really hard to work with. I find that this mascara is one that you have to use up as soon as possible because it dries out so quickly.
Replacement Product: Clinique High Impact Mascara Sample



Disclaimer: All of these products were bought with my own money. All thoughts are honest and my own. I am not being compensated by any of the companies mentioned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!