Friday, August 12, 2011

My First MAC Haul


Makeup wise I am not usually a big spender. I am a firm believer that if you have a few high quality basics, and patience you can make cheap, or drugstore makeup work for you. Most of my collection is ELF, drugstore brands, or anything "name brand" drastically on sale. I had never even heard of MAC until I started watching beauty videos on YouTube a few years ago. And it was only recently that I have made my first purchase.

Although tempted by all of the beautiful, highly pigmented eye shadows, I kept my purchase limited to everyday basic products, as I have tons of eye shadows to use up first. However, since using just the products you will see below, I can already say I am a MAC fan. I love MAC because my makeup is looking 100% better, however, my bank account so far is not loving MAC. But I guess, you have to pay for quality.

Blot Powder Pressed in Medium Dark.

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - A unique pressed powder designed primarily to provide shine control without adding any noticeable colour or texture. Sets foundation, finishes faces. For use in professional situations and for frequent touch-ups. Blot Powder contains Mica and Silica to adsorb excess oils and reduce shine on the skin's surface. Can be applied with the puff that comes in the compact or with a powder brush like #129 Powder/Blush Brush. Perfect for touching up Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation throughout the day

This powder is already a holy grail product for me. I have oily skin and this has helped me stay matte. No matter how many times you need to apply it, it never makes you look powdery. I was a bit surprised when the makeup artist told me I was the colour Medium Dark, but so far I haven't had any issues.



Fix+

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!

When I first bought this product, I thought it was just glorified water in a spray bottle. But now, it has become a staple product. I use it every morning before I put on my tinted moisturizer. I spritz my face a few times to prime my skin and get it ready for my foundation. I also love using this with my loose mineral pigments, to enhance the colors and increase their staying power.

Select Cover-Up in NW20

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - Liquid camouflage for the skin. Texture-free, virtually invisible. Comes in a tube. Blends in. Brightens and lightens dark areas, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Use pre-foundation, or on its own. Don't reveal it, conceal it!

Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.

This was the main reason I went to MAC. I have never been able to find a concealer that works for both under-eye circles and blemishes. These concealers go above and beyond for me! On days where I do not need as much coverage I use the Select Cover-Up. And on days where I want more coverage, but don't want to keeping building up the concealer, I use the Pro Longwear. Both are amazing for under-eye circles, and any other blemish.


Painterly Paint Pot

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

This was another "key" beauty product I was in desperate need of. For the longest time I have been using Hard Candy, Body Shop, and ELF eyeshadow primers, alternately. And none have been doing what a primer is supposed to do. I bought this product because the MAC Artist said it does not crease and helps make eye shadows more vibrant. I have only used it once, but so far...so good.

Frost Lipstick in Angel

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous. Angel is a soft pink frost.

My perfect pink nude colour. It is perfect for a date, school, and work. An any occasion perfect pink. I was wary about this color because it is a frost finish. But after using it, I don't think that it belongs in the frost category. This will definitely be a repeat purchase for me.


Black Track Fluidline - Sample

MAC Cosmetics.com Says - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.

I cannot use liquid liner to save my life, and pencil liners just do not stay. I was himming and hawwing

Overall, MAC is definitely impressing me. I want to invest in a blush and some eye shadows next, however, I may have to wait for my next trip to the US of A, as MAC is cheaper there.


Disclaimer: I bought all of the products with my own money. The product information can be credited to maccosmetics.com.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!