Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August Glymm Box



Yesterday was an awesome day, because my Luxe Box arrived. And today was equally awesome because my Glymm Box came!!!! Having received the VIG Glymm Box and being amazed at the products, I had really high expectations for this month. Although I am slightly disappointed at the size of the products in this Box, 2 of the products are from high-end brands so that makes me happy. I am all set to get Glymm's September Box so I am hoping it is a little bit better.

If you still don't know what Glymm is, it is like Loose Button and Birchbox. A beauty product sampling service, great for all beauty junkies and lovers. If you want to find out more about Glymm or sign up for your own Glymm Box just click the link below.


This is what the box looks like when you take off the lid. The card explains about the theme of the box and an overview of the products inside.

The back of the card gives a breakdown of the products in the box.

These are the products in this month's Glymm Box.

B. Kamins Vegetable Cleanser – 0.25 oz

Sample Value - $1.42
Full-Size Retail Value - $34 for 6 oz

On the Card – A vegetable based cleanser and makeup remover that dissolves and removes impurities from the face and delicate eye area. Clarifying and soothing, your skin will literally say “Ahhhh!” How to use – Apply to wet face. Avoid contact with eyes. Gently massage and rinse thoroughly.

My Thoughts – I have to say I am very wary about this product. It is oil based which is why it has to be rinsed so thoroughly, but I have oily skin so I don't know how this will affect that. My skin is very sensitive to different cleansers so I may not be trying this product as I don't want my skin to get any worse then it already is.

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in After Glow – 0.14 oz
Sample Value - $12.60
Full-Size Retail Value - $18 for 0.20 oz

On the Card – Vitamin E and sunflower seed oil kiss your lips with a touch of dazzling color so that lips stay soft, shiny and smooth for hours.

My Thoughts – I was super excited to see this product. I have always wanted to try Smashbox Cosmetics and now is my chance. This sample is more than half of the full size gloss so it is very generous. I love the color so much!! I really have been wanting to try a coral gloss this summer and not I get to right before the summer ends. The gloss smells and tastes like vanilla and is a coral with gold shimmer. The texture is extremely smooth and the doe foot applicator distributes it nicely. The colour is a little sheer, but over a nude lipstick the coral really shines through.


Supergoop Sunscreen Swipes (SPF 30) – 1 wipe
Sample Value - $1.62
Full-Size Retail Value - $34 for 21 wipes

On the Card – Formulated to calm, soothe, and protect sensitive skin, these soft, pre-moistened, paraben-free, water-resistant wipes deliver SPF 30 protection for your gorgeous face and body.

My Thoughts – The concept of this product really intrigues me. It claims to be water-resistant, and if that's true would elevate this product. I have not tried it yet but will be putting it in my purse for the next BBQ we have at work to protect me from the sun. I hate how messy sunscreen is to travel with, and apply so this product is perfect for people who are on the go and need that extra sun protection.

Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer – 0.25 oz
Sample Size - $19.60
Full-Size Retail Value - $29 for 0.37 oz

On the Card – Want smoother, brighter skin instantaneously? Easily accomplished with “That Gal” primer that promotes radiance and banishes dullness.

My Thoughts – This is a really little sample. However, if the full size is only 0.37 oz then that isn't much bigger than the sample that I received. I'm wondering if the size of the full size printed on the card is correct. I was actually just about to order this product on Sephora, so I am glad I'm getting to try it now. Because my skin is oily and naturally shiny I don't think I will use this as a primer but more as a highlighter over my foundation.


Jelly Belly Tangerine Jelly Beans
Value – Priceless

My Thoughts – Such a good little treat to enjoy while writing this blog!

What I paid for the August Glymm box + tax – $11.30 CDN
Value of the August Glymm Box + tax - $39.82 CDN

Disclaimer - This Glymm Box was purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are honest and my own. I am not being compensated for this review by Glymm or any other company mentioned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!