Thursday, July 28, 2011

Winner's Beauty Find Review & HauteLook Sale Event





Quick back story...a year ago I had no idea what Winners was or how amazing it is, and now I am obsessed with all things Winners; especially their beauty department. I am always finding something new there for a great price. Although sometimes their selection is horrible, I sometimes find that rare gem. This blog post has been inspired by one of those gems. On a recent trip to Winners I discovered 'The Fusion Essentials" Box Set. It comes with 3 full sized products from the Fusion Beauty Line and is definitely worth the Winners price.

On the box it states that this set has a value of $107 CDN.
The Retail price of this set (on most websites) is $52 CDN.
Winners sells this set for $19.99!! A definite steal if I do say so myself. That is almost a 62% savings off the retail price!!!

Also before I go into a review and breakdown of the products I wanted to let people know that if you are interested in this set or any of the products in it, they can be purchased at sephora.com. If you are looking however to save some moola you should check out HauteLook.com as they have an upcoming sale event on Fusion Beauty products. The info about this HauteLook sale can be found below.



Fusion Beauty Sale

Starts Friday 7/29 at 8:00 AM Pacific
Fusion Beauty - High-performance products that deliver


Visit HauteLook by clicking the link below.



Product Review & Breakdown


This is what the packaging looks like. And you can see the 3 products on the front. Surprisingly, the pictures on the front are about the actual size of the products in the box. So it's a good way to estimate what you are going to get before you buy it.


L-R: LipFusion, LiftFusion, LashFusion.


LipFusion Micro Collagen Lip Plump in Crave
Size: 0.29 oz./ 8.22g
What is it: A moisturizing treatment gloss infused with revolutionary technology to plump lips instantly.
What it does: Achieve maximum volume and brilliance for a truly stunning pout. This formula contains tiny, dehydrated, marine collagen micro spheres that absorb instantly and seek out the body's natural moisture. As soon as the spheres become rehydrated, they plump and hold onto the moisture they've collected, creating a mild "swelling" of the lip tissue. The result is fuller, smoother, perfectly plumped lips in seconds. Results can last for up to 48 hours.
Retail Price at Sephora.com: $46 CDN/ $38 US

My Thoughts: I love the color and texture of this lip gloss, but I am kinda disappointed in the plumping action. I don't get the usual tingle like other plumper's, so I don't know if it is working. And my lips look the same. As a plumper I only give this 2 stars, but as a lip gloss in general I give it 4 stars.


LiftFusion Triple Threat Intense Target Magic Wand
Size: 0.07 fl. oz./ 2 ml
What it is/does:
  • A convenient, portable wand for immediate firming effect
  • Combines powerful serum with wheat proteins
  • Plus liquid GABA & hyaluronic acid
  • Visibly reduces crow feet, expression lines & even deep wrinkles
  • Infused with a new breakthrough anti-oxidant to defy future signs of aging
  • Leaves skin velvety smooth, toned with a youthful glow
Retail Price at StrawberryNet.com: $42.50 US

My Thoughts: I can't really give my thoughts as I haven't tried this product yet. At 21, I don't really have crows feet or laugh lines I am trying to erase. The only thing I can comment on is that the smell of this product is not the best.


 
LashFusion XL Micro-Technology Instant Lash Volumizer
Size: 0.42 oz./ 12g
What it is: A creamy mascara that conditions and lengthens lashes for dramatic effects.
What it does: Fusion Beauty LashFusion XL Micro-Technology™ Instant Lash Volumizer delivers bold, healthy, voluptuous lashes. This rich formula includes a naturally emollient resin to encourage curl, and comes with a large brush that makes an impact in just one coat. This innovative breakthrough borrows the latest technology from the haircare world to nourish, protect, and enhance your fringe. The Fusion Beauty patented capisphere delivery system provides a reparative complex of fatty acids, avocado oil, and wheat flower lipids that fortifies lashes—even after the mascara is removed.
Retail Price at Sephora.com: $26 CDN/ $24 US

My Thoughts: This is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. I have tried almost every mascara there is, and I am always left disappointed by some aspect of it. It either lacks volume, or length, or the formula is just horrible. Not this baby though. It gives me the perfect volume at the base of my lashes and then the perfect amount of length. The formula is not to creamy or wet. And the brush is a dream. I literally need one coat and I get the same look as 3 coats of some other mascaras. If there was one reason to buy this kit it would be for this mascara. I give it 5 stars and I will definitely be buying another one, even at $26 CDN.


Update
Below are some pictures of how 1 coat of the LashFusion looks like on my lashes. I am not wearing fake eyelashes.




 
I hope this breakdown and review was helpful. If you are interested in buying Fusion Beauty during its Sale Event on HauteLook just mosey on up to the link above. HauteLook is a free to register site with no obligations...just savings!

Thanks for reading!
~ I.D.S.M

Disclaimer: All the products mentioned were bought with my own money. All thoughts and opions are honest and my own. Winners, Fusion Beauty, HauteLook, or any other website or company mentioned are not compensating me for this review.





1 comment:

  1. You can certainly see your enthusiasm within the
    work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who
    are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your
    heart.
    Here is my web site :: skin bleaching

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!