I have always been a fan of samples and the try-before-you-buy approach, especially when it comes to the more expensive products in the beauty world. When I first started looking into these sample box services I heard about Birch Box, but unfortunately they don't ship all the up here in Canada. After some research I discovered Luxe Box by Loose Button.
Essentially, this Luxe Box is a beauty product sampling service. When I signed up I paid $9.99+tax per month with free shipping. Now that they have gone public prices are:
- $12 plus tax per month (free shipping)
- $36 plus tax for 3 months (free shipping)
- $120 plus tax for 12 months (free shipping) *This package awards you with 2 months of Luxe Box for free, as well as, first in line when they ship out.
Each month you get a personalized note thanking you for being a part of Luxe Box, and it also talks about the products in your box. The card shows the products, with a description of them, how to use them, and the price of the full-size product.
This month I got 3 products. A full size Laura Mercier eye shadow in the colour Sandstone, a 13g sample of Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, and a mini sized China Glaze Nail Polish in Code Orange.
- Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in Sandstone - Sateen, with its blend of pigment and pearl, has a creamy, powder texture that creates a lightweight, supple feel on the skin. Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour is a lightweight eye shadow with a creamy powder texture that provides an immediate release of intense luminous colour with superior blending for a long-wearing, crease-resistant application.
- Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant - This unique Rice-based enzyme powder microfoliates dulling debris and instantly leaves skin noticeably smoother and brighter. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Dispense about a half-teaspoon of Daily Microfoliant® into very wet hands and create a creamy paste by rubbing hands together. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Massage gently for one minute, then rinse thoroughly.
- China Glaze Nail Polish in Code Orange - China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading. Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary. I was skeptical at first about this colour but now that I have been wearing it for a few days I am in LOVE! It is the perfect orange for spring/summer.
Already I think I have gotten my monies worth seeing as the Eye Shadow retails for $22. I am extremely pleased with this service so far and cant wait to see what the July Luxe Box holds.
Another aspect of this company I am loving is the Customer Service. They take time to answer your questions both by email and on their Facebook page. I have never dealt with a company so new like Luxe Box is with such awesome Customer Service!
If you are a beauty junkie like me, or just looking to try some new undiscovered products I would definitely recommend Loose Button and Luxe Box.