The past month has been great for me with empties! I've used up 20+ products, so I figured it was time for an empties post. I'm going to try and get back into the routine of doing a monthly empties post, because 20 products in a post is a lot of writing and reading. Hopefully, I can keep my momentum in using up stuff. My inventory list is still pretty big, and I want to get it down to where I only have one or 2 of each product on hand at a time. That's a goal for 2014!
2. Vidal Sassoon Moisture Shampoo - I've heard good and bad things about this shampoo. I wanted to like it, but the only thing I ended up liking was the smell, and that it lingered in my hair all day. Shampoo wise I've used better, this was nothing special, and I found my hair quite dry after frequent usage.
3. Benefit The Porefessional Primer - Holy Grail product right here! You need the tiniest amount for your whole face, and it makes pores just disappear. I never have issues with piling, and my foundation looks good all day. I wish it did a bit more for oil absorption, but I supplement with an oil absorbing serum before and I'm covered. I will repurchase after I use up the other primers I have in my stockpile.
4. Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion - I finished this toner just to finish it. I am not a huge fan of this product. It doesn't clean the skin very well, and it leaves a sort of film on my skin. I really hate the smell, and the colour of it looks like urine in a bottle. I would not repurchase.
5. Caudalie Vino Perfect Enzymatic Peel Mask - This sample was tiny, I only got one use out of it. I didn't overly like or dislike it. The name made me think it was going to be a peel off mask, but it ended up being a cream mask that you had to wash off when dried. It did make my skin feel nice, but I would not repurchase.
6. Pixi Lash Booster Mascara - This has got to be the worst mascara I have ever used. The formula coats the lashes well and makes my lashed look good with a few coats. However, the problem arises when I go to take it off. The moment water or makeup remover touches my lashes they all clump up into one ball of sticky yuck. It takes tons of rubbing to get the product off and I was losing up to 5 lashes an eye. I used it twice and was tired of the hassle, so in the trash it went. I would never use it again.
7. Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller in Light - This is another go-to product for me. I use it everyday as an under eye concealer. Its ingredients help to reduce the puffiness around my eyes and the light concealer helps to mask my dark circles. On most days this is all that I need. And when I need more coverage I just layer another concealer on top. I have already repurchased a replacement.
8. Urban Decay Primer Potion - I bought this due to all of the hype surrounding it and I wasn't disappointed. My eyeshadows look more vibrant, and last all day without creasing. I did find the formula a bit greasy and hard to blend in sometimes, but the payoff in how my makeup looked was worth it. I would repurchase this after using up some other primers that I already have.
10. Balea Revitalizing Hair Mask with Moroccan Argan Oil - This mask smells amazing and the scent lingers in your hair all day. It left my hair feeling extremely soft, and it looked ultra glossy. I did find it very hard to wash out of my hair. The package said just to "rinse" out, but I had to wash it out with shampoo. I didn't feel the need to condition my hair for a few days after using this. I would not repurchase due to price/usage ratio.
11. Garnier Moisture Rescue Cleansing Clothes - I just have no luck with Garnier face clothes. I always have a problem with every one I try. I find Garnier cleansing clothes very dry, and therefore abrasive on the skin. The scent of these ones were nice but I didn't feel like they overly did much for me skincare or cleansing wise. I would not repurchase.
12. Lady Speed Stick Deodorant - What can I say about deodorant? It worked at keeping me sweat and smell free. There is nothing special or extraordinary about it. I but it because at Costco I can buy a bulk pack for pretty cheap, and it lasts a long time.
14. Marcelle Essentials Oil Free Eye Make-Up Remover Lotion - As I've said many times before this is my holy grail eye makeup remover. It is extremely gentle on the eyes, and removes makeup easily and effectively, even though it is oil free. I have already repurchased.
15. Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Toner for Normal Skin - My skin loves this toner! It smells good, cleanses the skin well, and doesn't leave any residue. What more could I ask for? Nivea's toners leave my skin feeling moisturized. I always use less moisturizer when I use this toner. I will repurchase when I use up the other toners in my inventory.
17. Nivea Apricot Crème Shower Cream - This shower cream smells amazing and is uber moisturizing. I used this during the summer because of the fruity scent, but the moisturizing properties are good enough to stand up to the dry skin that winter causes. I would repurchase this.
18. Satin Care Lavender Kiss Shave Cream - This is a great shave cream. It is very moisturizing. I don't love the smell, so next time I will pick a different scent.
20. John Frieda Volume Thickening Conditioner - For the most part I'm not a conditioner fan. I prefer to use a 2-in-1 combo. This one worked well with a variety of different shampoos. I did feel like my hair felt thicker. The smell was nothing special. I would use this again and repurchase, however, there are much cheaper options on the market that will do just as good a job.