Friday, July 20, 2012

NOTD: Russian Red

In my March Glymm Box I received a full size polish from the company Ocean in the colour Russian Red. This is a very bright red with a slight shimmer to it. It was a really pretty colour for Summer but it was kind of hard to work with. The polish has a watery consistency and even after two coats I felt like I needed more to get true colour payoff. I was in a hurry so I only did 2 coats.

For a full size polish from an unknown brand that I received in a beauty sample box it was pretty good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to look for Ocean polishes in store and if I did find them I probably wouldn't pick them up.

What I used:
1 coat of no name Base Coat
2 coats of Ocean Russian Red
1 coat of Julep Fast Dry Top Coat




Artificial Light
Natural Light


2 comments:

  1. I didn't love the Ocean polish I got either - at least yours came out pretty smooth. Mine had little bumps all up and down the nail bed after it dried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this polish was a miss with most glymm subscribers. oh well, that is part of the fun of these boxes because you learn what you do like but also what you DON'T like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!